Pasadena, Texas, United States
Pasadena, Texas, United States
Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Hydro Blast Tech
Job Title: Hydroblast Technician Job Grade:
Job Location: Americas Issue Rev
Job Holder: Issue Date: 9/17/2018
This Job Description is not to be considered exhaustive. You may be expected to contribute to other activities outside the scope of this Job Description.
1.0 Job Purpose
As Hydroblast Technician for EnerMech Mechanical Services, you will p erform routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks. These tasks include, but are not limited to: moving hoses, loading and unloading materials, hydro-blasting, chemical cleaning, vacuum truck operating, tank cleaning, and barge cleaning .
Directly Reports to: Supervisor, General Foreman, and Line Manager
Close working relationships with: Additional EnerMech management personnel and employment colleagues
Client representative, Commissioning and Construction Managers
Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
- Operate extremely high pressured water blast equipment to clean heavy industrial equipment (pipe, boilers, tanks, heat exchangers, bundles, etc)
- Load hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto truck.
- Hook up and break down hoses using proper tools.
- Assist in the operation of equipment or power tools.
- Cleanup work area and equipment after work is completed.
- Assist in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area
- Read works orders and collects all basic equipment to perform tasks
- Complete all appropriate paperwork including services receipts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
4.0 Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Apply EnerMech Group and where appropriate Client's Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in EnerMech QA Manuals are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions and hot, cold, or wet environments.
- Ability to perform work in enclosed (confined) space, under close supervision
- Physically capable of standing, shoveling and performing other types of physical work for long periods of time.
- Capable of working long shifts under adverse conditions (up to 16 hours a day, and up to 14 days in a row).
- Ability to safely perform work using high pressure water shotguns (up to 20,000 PSI).
- Ability to safely handle up to a 6 inch vacuum hose (with up to 6,500 cubic feet of air moving thru the hose per minute, traveling at speeds of up to 160 MPH).
- Ability to carry industrial hoses (up to 60 lbs) up and down flights of stairs
- Medically and physically capable of wearing respirator while performing work.
- Must be On Call 24/7, accessible by phone, and able to report to work within one hour of receiving call to work
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must have TWIC
- Must earn satisfactory results from a background/ employment history investigation and drug screening
6.0 Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Work at heights without fear.
7.0 Personal Qualities
Required for position:
- Strong personal leadership.
- Flexible attitude to working hours and shift patterns in order to get the job done.
- Personal integrity that can be a role model for all other members of staff.