Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Carlsbad, NM. You will provide administrative support to several departments and managers.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Provide administrative support to department and/or Manager
- General clerical, receptionist and project based work.
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction
- Answer and transfer telephones and direct calls to the appropriate staff member
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Perform general clerical duties: photocopying, faxing mailing, and filing
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Sign for and distribute mail and packages
- Research and price office furniture and supplies
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Monitor and optimizing costs within area of control
- Operate a company-provided vehicle to perform job duties in a safe manner
- Adhere to all Safety, Environmental, and company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma/GED
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of telephone protocol
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness and ability to perform/comply with following:
- To wear appropriate special safety equipment
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- 3+ years of clerical experience in an Oil and Gas setting
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Satisfactory safety record and knowledge of safety rules and practices
- Ability to utilize PC and applicable software programs
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions and communicate to others in a understandable fashion
- Ability to prepare accurate and legible reports
- Ability to react to visual and aural signals, alarms, and instruction
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.