Skills: Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Ably Resources are working with a services company to assist them with a QS for the construction of a gas plant in Oman.
Candidate must be able to speak Arabic and have 10 years expierence.
- Execute the implementation on projects of the Management/Construction Information Systems utilized for the management
of construction quantities, for the planning, progress recording, quality assessment, accounting of construction works, and
collecting erected/installed quantities, in compliance with projects requirements and Company procedures
- In case of activities on Mechanical Information Systems the mission includes coordination of the implementation of
Spooling, Welding and Material Traceability Systems
The Quantity Surveyor supports the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the following tasks.
In case of activities on Civil, Building, Electrical and Instrumental disciplines:
- Update the project bill of quantities in the form of a quantity record booklet according to passive invoicing procedures
- Update the project management database with actual data
- Supply/verify quantitative data for the preparation of extra works and dayworks and support the Discipline Superintendent
and management team for proper definition of any NP (New Price) and CWO (Change Work Order)
- Ensure the monitoring of daily manhours/equipment spent by site contractors or by direct hiring activities
- Monitor the actual quantities in order to assess both the active and the passive progress measurement according with the
contracts in place
- Verify the correct implementation and use of the project management information systems for the project (also for
subcontractors when required)
- Verify data consistency in respect to company procedures, project agreements, preambles, price list and specific
requirements defined in the subcontracts in place
- Assist the Discipline Superintendent and Mgmt Syst. and Quantity Manager for the creation of the necessary reports
- Assist the Mgmt Syst. and Quantity Manager for the creation of the quantity management reports and construction costs
estimate to complete
- Verify the monitoring of daily manhours/equipment spent by site subcontractors or by direct hiring activities
- Ensure the correct work progress statements and relevant certification of subcontractors works, for accountability purposes,
in accordance with the project procedures, preambles, price list, Company standards and information systems, and
- Support the Construction Manager and management team (i.e. Discipline Superintendent, Contract Manager, Risk
Manager, Project manager) for early detection of risks and opportunities related to the performance of the subcontractors
(delay estimation, back up plan against subcontractor claims, etc.)
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the technical-administrative settling of claims
presented by subcontractors and/or to Client
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the analysis of construction feasibility of its own
discipline based on IFC drawings
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent the budgeting of preemptive accountability based on
- In addition to all the above, in case of coordination of a team of Quantity Surveyors, the coordinator, with suitable
experience and seniority, shall effectively drive the team (internal or external resources) maintaining the targets of the
project and/or embrace the ownership and responsibility of more than one discipline
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.