Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Construction Engineer
Other Skills: Installation analysis using OrcaFlex, Subsea construction
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Waves Group (Mwaves) is a leading independent marine and offshore engineering consultancy providing an extensive range of specialist services to organisations around the world involved in marine and offshore technical projects. Our team of engineers and consultants works closely with energy companies, offshore and marine contractors, underwriters, insurance brokers and many others, to deliver tailor-made project risk mitigation, engineering and incident investigation services.
We are seeking to expand our Aberdeen office to support an increase in project awards. This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer or Naval Architect with proven experience in subsea construction and installation analysis using OrcaFlex. In addition to executing engineering analysis scopes for a wide variety of conventional and novel scenarios, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their skillset to include Marine Warranty surveys. Ability to use other software e.g. finite element analysis tools, 3D modelling tools, Naval Architecture tools is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the marine and offshore fields and can expect to be involved in a wide range of projects involving offshore renewable energy developments, interconnectors and other applications for submarine power cables.
Typical projects include:
- Marine Warranty Surveys for the construction of offshore wind farms and tidal energy sites, including the loading, transport and installation of high-voltage submarine power cables;
- Engineering consultancy for marine operations which might include the installation of subsea cables or modelling of novel subsea structures and devices;
- Investigation of submarine cable damage claims;
- The company is also pursuing several research and development initiatives for new concepts in the marine and offshore fields.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing and manage OrcaFlex analysis scopes;
- Managing and delivering projects to schedule and budget, delivering customer satisfaction (schedule compliance and engineering completion) on projects;
- Provide engineering assistance as required for marine warranty projects. There will also be the opportunity for on-site attendances (onshore and offshore);
- Provide engineering support to relevant insurance claims and legal investigations;
- Responsible for ensuring technical quality in the appropriate field(s);
- Client development to introduce and deliver new business to the Company.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following qualifications, professional expertise and personal attributes:
- Relevant engineering degree and Chartered status with a relevant Institution;
- Proven experience and ability in some or all of the following areas:
- Cable installation, including trenching, laying, burial operations, shore-landings and pull-ins. Candidates with flexible pipeline and umbilical experience will also be considered;
- Cable installation and engineering analyses;
- High voltage cables and associated hardware / accessories;
- Cable repairs;
- Cable manufacture and testing;
- Offshore / marine construction projects.
- Knowledge and application of the relevant rules, codes and guidelines for the above areas.
This position requires a creative thinking and diligent engineer who is keen to further develop their career in the sector. The work will be office based but may also involve assignments 'in the field', potentially including attendance on-board vessels and offshore installations.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Highly organised - Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment whilst maintaining focus on quality and attention to detail. Manage and prioritise own workload and that of others on a project;
- Commercial acumen - Ability to identify and understand customers' needs to formulate effective solutions and to balance their needs with commercial interests of Mwaves;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, producing reports of the highest standards;
- Ability to apply a creative approach to problem-solving for our clients and in the presentation of technical work to non-technical people;
- Forward thinking - Willing to challenge traditional standards where benefits can be achieved;
- Team player who is keen to contribute to the further development of the company.
This is a staff position based in Waves Group's Aberdeen Office. Only candidates with the right to reside and work in the UK/EU will be considered.