Skills: Operations Management, Asset Integrity Engineer, Maintenance Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Saudi Arabia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Intent of the role is to report to the ME/AGT Regional Manager and have specific responsibility for the growth of the region in terms of revenue, capability, client base and geographic coverage. Business improvement initiatives will also be a feature of the role. As such the successful candidate profile will have an excellent external profile and be able to bring into Oceaneering contacts, processes and best practices developed in other services companies in the sector.
Duties & Responsibilities
To assist the Regional Manager in all aspects of general management, in particular the following :
- Champion QHSE values and processes in the Region.
- Business Development- Support Market Analysis, Business Planning, Marketing, Sales, Tendering
- Contract Negotiation and where appropriate, the formation of strategic joint ventures.
- Successful execution of all activities and projects earning repeat business.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of annual and strategic plans for the region.
- Support the delivery of annual budget forecast with respect to revenue and profit & loss.
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager, develop all Asset Integrity service lines to ensure closer integration and a balanced portfolio of services in the Region.
- Identification of acquisition targets in the Region, and with assistance from the wider Oceaneering business, successful closure and integration of acquired company.
- Top tier leader in the development of people and teams to ensure maximization of career development & talent potential, facilitate succession planning and change management strategy.
- Ability to engage with Country Managers and teams across multiple Business cultures within the Region.
- Excellent networking ability with customers, Industry Bodies, Unions and Trade Shows in country and region- wide.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position supports the Regional Manager in the leadership and supervision of AI direct reports for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, other GCC countries may be assigned.
- This position interacts with all functional support in the Region (HSEQ, HR, Finance, Contract, Legal) who are in service/partnership with AI in the Region.
- Degree qualified and preferably a post graduate business or professional qualification.
- Significant experience in similar role, setting up and running a business or business unit with full P&L responsibility in the energy sector essential.
- Experience in the Asset Integrity is essential
- Excellent client contact and CRM skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectation and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influence actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing people- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.