1. Fit for Future at SMDS
- Act as the CI Coach for SMDS community to nurture the Fit for the Future agenda. Provide thought leadership and stay ahead of the organisation in terms of bringing best practices to the company.
2. Continuous Improvement:
- DELIVER RESULTS: Provide a SMDS CI deployment support and lead its execution - ultimately linked to SMDS business priorities. End-to-end process thinking and ways of working development are key to develop a CI culture.
- GROW CAPABILITY: Co-Design and deliver SMDS CI capability development for Leaders and Practitioners and lead the training. Develop CI capability more broadly within SMDS through selected Change Agents. Be responsible for the coaching of CI practitioners in SMDS.
- GROW CI LEADERSHIP & CULTURE: Support leadership alignment and drive CI behaviour for leaders (eg. active use of Visual Management and recurring huddles, GO-Sees) through the execution of SMDS CI program. Regular coaching to MLT members and meetings.
3. Drive business improvement:
- Focal point for leading specifically identified improvement projects. Typically, these are opportunities which lie at the overlap of multiple business processes and departments.
On top of the above expectations, the role baseload would be:
Deploy Standard work
- Coach local team to create the inventory of SOPs and skills matrices, identify and fill prioritized gaps, train staff
- Work with local team to reconfirm roles and responsibilities across all teams and level of competence needed
- Adapt Shell standard materials to include key tools and business specific examples to create training materials leader standard work
- Coach local teams to design and implement process confirmation content and system.
Create On the Job Improvement
- Work with local teams to defined process goals and performance levels for subprocesses which support delivery of business performance targets and customer promises
- Deliver Shell Group training for front line staff on root cause problem solving 5 Whys, fishbones etc.
- Develop team leads as lean managers to coach their teams to eliminate waste and build internal competence of coaching within the business.
Deliver Structured Improvement
- Coach local CI Practitioners/ Green Belts to deliver projects; clear expectations of outcomes, milestones and root cause identification with quantified benefits.
- Coach sponsors and line managers on their role in support CI Practitioners.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
- Experience in supporting CI deployments in complex organizations preferably in Malaysian context.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to coach lean transformations, be familiar with the Lean Management system and Leader Standard Work and Six Sigma techniques.
- Able to coach LT and SMDS working levels while they develop their CI skills and ways of working.
Specific required skills:
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Oil and gas industries (preferably with Shell or other oil majors) or Manufacturing/Production
- Experienced Lean Master or certified Six Sigma or Shell CI Practitioner
- Well-developed coaching skills of senior managers and process workers
- Has Kaizen Facilitation experience
- Must have some experience of implementing Standard Work for leaders
- Understanding how to build sustainable change in organisations through Lean Management (e.g. Toyota Production System principles)
- Experience in delivering Lean Sigma results.
- At least 1-year experience of coaching and building CI capability within the operational staff
- Experienced in standard work, process audits/confirmations, establishing daily performance management, Kaizen Boards, DILO, MIL, PDCA, SOPs, Go-See Walks, 3Cs, COPQ and other core Lean & Sigma Techniques.
- Familiar with GROW model for coaching
- Experience in developing and supporting the end to end process management systems would be of benefit.
- Influencing and facilitation are key skills for a successful Lean Coach so candidates need to be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills and ideally have worked across functions to deliver results
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills; ability to synthesize complex information and prepare concise, compelling presentations.
- Ability to reduce complexity and generate practical, simple solutions in simple language to create a shared vision
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading cross-functional teams and driving change in a multi-cultural, multi-country environment
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.