Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking to recruit a Corrosion Inspection Engineer with significant experience in the oil and gas industry for our clients field sites with the following job description and desired skills / qualifications:
The ideal candidate should be able to assist the Corrosion Section's Supervisor in the overall management of the Section's mandates, in a timely manner, to achieve key deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume technical leadership and authority in designated Inspection engineering disciplines.
- Provide authoritative technical assessment & Interpretation of inspection data, and ensure the effective application of Innovative Inspection techniques & specialized technologies.
- Develop the Inspection management strategy, the annual Inspection plans and ensure Implementation thereafter.
- Review and evaluate the none destructive testing results and establish the effectiveness of Internal corrosion control methods.
- Deliver periodic reports on static equipment status, Including Identification and assessment of significant trends, and remedial actions.
- Develop and manage the risk-based Inspection (RBI), and the risk-based assessment (RBA) processes & systems.
- Conduct remnant-life and fitness-for-service assessments of static equipment - transfer lines, pipelines, storage tanks, pressure vessels ... etc
- Maintain appropriate level of contact With Site teams, 3rd parties, and other disciplines/stakeholders to ensure effective achievement of the corrosion & inspection management objectives.
- Recommend changes In corrosion criticality analyses and monitoring/Inspection programs where appropriate
- Advise on materials selection, Inspection and testing requirements, and repair techniques for static equipment (well casings & tubings, flowlines, transfer lines, pipelines, storage tanks, pressure vessels ... etc) In a timely manner to minimize shutdowns and interruptions to operations.
- Provide expert advice to, and effectively interact With, the Corrosion Section's personnel; and actively participate In the development of national staff.
- Undertake/lead failure investigations related to material and corrosion Issues In accordance with prescribed or approved failure Investigation procedures.
- Participate In Site audits and identify areas of concern and prepare dedicated Inspection procedures to follow-up their resolution.
- Participate In the preparation of the Capital/Operating budgets and monitor the financial performance against budget, so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are Identified and rectified promptly, and potential performance Improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- BSc In metallurgy, corrosion, chemistry or related subject, With relevant and valid NACE & API certifications
- Extensive discipline experience In the Oil & gas Industry With respect to Inspection techniques & technologies, corrosion control methods & Instrumentations, and materials selection.
- Skilled In formulating Inspection strategies, and In translating them Into workable programs with clear and measurable KPls.
- Skilled in the Interpretation and application of International, National, and Local Standards, Codes of Practice, Specifications and Guidelines relating to materials, Inspection management, and other related disciplines.
- Skilled in the field of maternal selection (metals, non-metallic materials), corrosion principles, metallurgy, and static equipment Inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledge in the product-selection processes (lab & field trials)
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills - able to persuade a multidisciplinary team of the importance of a sound material selection, Inspection and corrosion mitigation strategies.
- Able to work autonomously - without supervision, and with minimal support; yet manages to produce efficient & effective results.
- Uttermost commitment to people development with emphasis on junior national staff.
- Fluent English language With respect to speaking, writing, and reading - preferably With some Arabic speaking.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 42 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days
• 10 Hours a day
• 7 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Air fare travel by Economy Class
• Medical cover
• Accident Cover
• Accommodation, Food and Internal transportation will be provided by the client
• Single Status