Skills: Business Analyst, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position SAP Tech Business Analyst located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through February 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
High Level Job Description & Scope:
This is a very exciting time for IT professionals as we leverage rapidly emerging technology advancements to help drive digital capabilities and improve Chevron's high value business processes. Our IT function in partnership with the business will be focusing on the transformation of our technology landscape in the upcoming years to meet the world's complex energy challenges and create innovative energy solutions. Team members work closely with colleagues in Buenos Aires, Manila, India and elsewhere. A career in our corporation provides you an opportunity to contribute in making us the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
SAP technical business analysts perform technical coordination and environment management support for maintaining availability of mission critical and significant SAP systems.
The successful candidate will partner and assist other SAP Technical Coordinators and Environment Managers to contribute and grow with the organization, to:
- Support operations and maintenance of multi-landscape environments through coordination of work related to system upgrades, system outages, system refreshes, release and change management
- Communicate SAP environment changes, advisories, availability and activities to partners and stakeholders
- Be the SAP technical team point of contact for incidents and requests
- Partner with global team members from SAP Tech (Basis, Security, AppDev), SAP Functional teams and other ITC teams for incident and request resolutions
- Perform root cause analysis to identify problem resolution of various production related issues
- Employ analytical thinking to gather and understand stakeholder requirements regarding the build and/or decommissioning of SAP environments
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery Exercises
- Perform Audit and IRM related activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or related areas required
- 3-5 years of Business Analysis, IT Coordination, IT Operations and/or Support experience
- 2 years of SAP, JDE, ERP experience and knowledge is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong project management skills.
- Understanding of Windows OS fundamentals, UNIX/Linux fundamentals or similar is also a plus
- Analytical skills are important; Ability to multi-task; to quickly understand an issue or problem.
- The position has a 24x7 on-call rotational commitment.
- Occasional work during non-business hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays) to respond to system emergencies or to complete critical tasks will be required.
- Willing to go on mid-shift rotational schedule
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.