Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Use data science and statistical analysis with experience building mathematical algorithms and machine learning models to effectively solve business problems. Must be familiar with data visualization software applications, such as R, Power BI, Spotfire or Tableau. Build tools/workflows and support structures needed to analyze data, perform data cleaning, execute feature detection and extract business value from data. Interact and use large data sets, unstructured data, structured data and supporting compute/cloud systems - experience with Microsoft Azure or Hadoop preferred. Write code/software in one of the following languages with multi-language experience preferred: R, Python, MATLAB, C. Under minimal guidance develop prototype workflows & software for use in field operations. Possess strong communication skills to support BD and customer interaction when technical input is required. Must have a degree in a quantitative field like Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Physics. Basic knowledge of oil and gas unconventional operations preferred.
- Under minimial guidance use data, software and mathematics/algorithms to develop business hypotheses, answer questions or identify trends that are critical for the business.
- Develop prototype data analysis and processing workflows for use in field applications.
- Create data visualization products to communicate results both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with other analytics colleagues to formulate analysis plans.
- Work with development teams, operations and business groups to ensure models/workflows can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across all districts/crews/clients.
- Stay engaged with the latest technologies/software available in the area of big data and data analytics.
- Provide guidance to the business on potential data-related investment opportunities, appropriate analytics tools and big data collaboration opportunities both internally and externally.
- Capture intellectual property for Halliburton in the area of algorithms, automation, big data, data visualization.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available for Sr. Tech Prof-Eng/Petro Appl, Principal Tech Prof-Eng/Petro Appl or Tech Advisor-Eng/Petro Appl.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 68609
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.