The Hydrocracking Technical Service Engineer is responsible for delivering technical services in support of Criterion and Zeolyst International hydrocracking business in the Americas and Canada.
- Preparation of technical part of proposals to win future business, both for retaining existing as well as winning new customers. This is done in cooperation with the customer-facing organization team for the Americas
- Preparation and on-site advice for start-up and catalyst activation
- Supporting the customer with the use of the Criterion/ZI catalysts through unit monitoring, pro-active technical service, troubleshooting (when required) and optimization. These tasks require extensive use of comprehensive modeling and monitoring tools and are critical to maintaining the incumbency
- Based on knowledge of the marketplace, provide input to R&D program goals for new catalyst product development
- Provide support to the Criterion Catalyst Canadian Office when necessary
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 5+ years' experience in refining technology support and hydrocracking experience
- Good knowledge of refining and in any of the following hydro processing types:
- Diesel Hydro processing
- Kerosene Hydro processing
- Jet Hydro processing
- Catfeed Hydro processing
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis particularly in the areas of hydrotreating and hydrocracking is a plus
- The individual must be proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
- The individual must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.