Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Experience with structural steel and concrete foundation design
- Must have experience in industrial applications.
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software, preferably RISA 3D.
- Knowledge of the design of steel and concrete structures bolted and welded connections, shallow and deep foundations, rotating/reciprocating equipment foundations.
- Knowledge of all design codes related to design and construction of steel and concrete, including but not limited to ASCE 7, AISC Steel Construction Manual, AISC 360, ACI 318, IBC, NFPA Life Safety Code, and applicable OSHA laws & regulations.
- Ability to produce accurate engineering estimates, material takeoff estimates, and schedules.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead a team, delegate tasks, coordinate with other disciplines and relate with clients.
- BS degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- 5+ years of structural engineering experience, preferably in a heavy industrial or similar field
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.