Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Drafting
Other Skills: CADWorx, SmartPlant, 3D, Electrical/Instrument design, wiring diagrams, one line diagrams,
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
UniversalPegasus International is seeking a Designer I (Electrical/Instrument). In this role you will be responsible for developing initial layouts, overseeing revisions of existing computer aided design files and creating and manipulating drawings from conceptual markups or verbal instructions to the Company's or Client's requirements.
• 1-2 years of E&I design related experience.
• 3 to 5 years of E&I drafting related experience.
• AutoCAD proficiency required.
• CADWorx experience a plus.
• MicroStation experience a plus.
• AutoLISP or Visual Basic programming experience a plus.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Some college or formal related technical courses preferred.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Efficiently create or modify detailed drawings in accordance with the design or markups.
• Proficient in Electrical/Instrument Design including wiring diagrams, one line diagrams, Hazardous Area plans, plan drawings, panel schedules, etc.
• Proficient with computers and CAD software packages in standalone configurations as well as network setups.
• Prepare drawing and standards files in accordance with Company and Client standards.
• Coordinate design with other disciplines.
• Utilize existing Company drawing standards and aid with the creation of new standards.
• Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and adherence to schedule required for the assigned task or project.
• Advanced ability to create and manipulate drawings on CAD software.
• Perform tasks under minimal supervision.
• Responsible for following corporate safety protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand, communicate and apply engineering concepts.
• Capable of modeling in a 3D environment.
• Ability to research manufacturer technical data and be able to communicate with manufacturers, clients and other engineers as necessary to complete the assigned design task.
• Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and software.
• Ability to organize and prioritize project work load for self.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401k, PTO, and educational assistance.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide. For additional information about UniversalPegasus International please visit our web site at www.universalpegasus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and disabled are welcome.
***Unsolicited Third Party Resumes Not Accepted***