Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a permanent and residential position based in the NOC Head Office in Doha. A tax free salary and comprehensive benefits package with family status, educational assistance and other expat benefits is on offer for the right candidate.
Scope of Work
This position is under the Head of Data & Information Management.
The job owner will be in charge of:
- Current and target data architecture definition and documentation
- Definition and application of policies, processes and guidelines in alignment with the data governance and IS strategy
- Continuous collaboration with the various NOC business entities for a shared understanding of data references and quality
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis, data warehouse and data visualization.
- Create and maintain current and target state data architecture.
- Oversee end to end data life cycle management activities.
- Lead the various business and IS teams to ensure data architecture addresses business and IS objectives.
- Control and Contribute to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions.
- Drive initiatives in collaboration with IS teams, data analysts and the various business entities to deliver solutions that maximizes the value of data.
- Ensure technical solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
- Maintain close collaboration and alignment with the Enterprise Architecture
- Document the artefacts of Data Architecture for NOC: sources truth, information references, meta-data references, data interfaces between applications etc.
- Evaluate and recommend innovative solutions to enhance and mature NOC's data architecture and data management
- Govern and overlooks the data sources to ensure its alignment with policies and best practices of handling stored data
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in NOC and other parties as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Information Security to make sure that the data architecture support the protection requirement of related records
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Information Management or Computer Science or an engineering/business related equivalent. Masters is preferred
- Deep experience in petroleum operations data and good understanding of the related data sources
- Solid track record implementing and maintaining data architecture
- Strong experience with database technologies, especially SQL
- Experience in data warehousing, data modeling and data analysis
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration and database development techniques
- Strong experience with ETL and other business intelligence tools
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
- Practical experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams
- 5 years of experience in Data and Information Management for Oil and Gas Upstream operations is an advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management
- Good Knowledge of Applications Architecture and Information Security Principles
- Fluent English both spoken and written