Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Manager of the Houston-based Entity Management Team (EMT) of the Legal Department. EMT provides a broad range of support to the Legal Department and works closely with various business groups within Transocean. The Manager is Responsible for corporate governance and transactional support services in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of 300+ entities in US and international jurisdictions.
- Provide leadership and manage EMT; make decisions; provide solutions; review and develop procedures; conduct team meetings; represent EMT at internal and external meetings
- Manage employees and team performance to ensure optimum efficiency and productivity through work load management, providing guidance and supervision of employee work product
- Establish communication lines/methods with employees; identify and solve employee problems; manage conflict; respond to grievances; coach, counsel and motivate employees; conduct performance evaluations
- Approve employee time sheets including overtime; approve employee vacation requests
- Provide input to management on performance evaluation for EMT team members
- Assist management with budget planning for EMT; approve expenditures as authorized per the Authority Limit Matrix
- Perform supervisory responsibilities in addition to regular work assignments
- Assist the Tax Department in the design and implementation of enhanced corporate governance procedures for rig owning subsidiaries in various jurisdictions
- Identify situations where enhanced governance may be required and ensure proper procedures are followed
Joint Ventures Oversight Responsibilities:
- Formation of new joint ventures
- Help maintain proper corporate governance of joint ventures agreements and shareholder agreements for joint ventures
- Maintain corporate compliance checklist of required activities of all joint venture agreements and coordinate with other Company functions to facilitate compliance
Subsidiary and Administrative Committees
Perform corporate secretary duties at the quarterly Committee meetings.
- Perform continuous corporate governance of Transocean's 300+ subsidiaries worldwide including tracking and, as necessary, preparing and arranging periodic regulatory filings, annual reports and certifications
- Prepare and/or oversee the team's preparation of board and shareholder resolutions, board and shareholder meeting minutes, powers of attorney, certifications, annual entity renewals and declarations, closing documents, correspondence, internal reports, etc.
- Review current and establishing new agent relationships in all jurisdictions where the subsidiaries are incorporated, registered or qualified
- Oversee and manage EMT role in entity elimination (liquidation/de-registration) procedures
- With the supervision of legal counsel and input from business groups, provide transactional and specified project support including review and preparation of due diligence documentation, diversification of assets, closing checklists and project documentation, drafting ancillary corporate documents for review by counsel, etc.
- Administer and provide support to the entity management database including: (i) auditing historical data, (ii) extract and input current corporate data, scan and upload documents, (iii) develop and maintain reporting functionality of database and provide research assistance for all incoming requests, and (iv) develop reports to assist in the day-to-day administration of the Transocean group of subsidiaries
- Conduct corporate legal research pertaining to subsidiary governance, assist company personnel with information or other data and assist with inquiries from auditors, outside counsel and others as required with information from corporate and legal files, minute books and the entity management database
- Prepare, file, and maintain Section 16 filings, including Forms 3 and 4
- Prepare, file, and maintain Periodic SEC Filings - Form 8-Ks (Fleet Status Reports etc.)
- Provide support on as-needed basis in preparation and filing of registration statements, periodic reports, proxy statements and other miscellaneous SEC filings
New York Stock Exchange
Prepare required reporting and filings with the NYSE
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.