Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Primarily responsible for research and development, testing, recommending, installing, maintaining and supporting perimeter security devices within an organization and between organizations. Goal is to ensure the smooth operation of perimeter security device in order to provide maximum performance, protection, and availability for users. Secondarily, will supplement Network Team and assist with infrastructure projects as well as maintenance and operational activities.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist or lead various security-related projects
- Ability to troubleshoot IDS, IPS, firewalls, VPN and Internet Proxy systems
- Maintain and administer perimeter security standards, documentation, processes and procedures
- Monitor alarms of perimeter security systems
- Work with IT support teams concerning perimeter security and related LAN and WAN issues
- Assist or lead non-security-related projects within the Network Team
- Mature existing integration of security technologies
- Provide active involvement (proactive and reactive) in making suggestions to improve existing processes and procedures
- Execute complex network projects that may include justifying, designing, procurement of equipment, implementing systems, configuring hardware and software for networks and coordinating both technical and non-technical personnel and other staff members and vendors in order to complete the project on time
- Provide mentoring, training and assistance, when needed, to Network information security and Support staff
- Evaluates new network and software products
- Acts as a technical architect, support, manage, administer and optimize security of the LAN/WAN environment following all policies and procedures, and utilizing change management processes to maintain a stable, reliable and predictable network.
- With regard to security, resolve LAN/WAN client/server/application and cross platform support issues through coordination with all staff involved in support and maintenance of applications, systems and infrastructure
- Follow all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with supporting security technologies in an information security role
- Experience with site to site VPN tunnels
- Experience Monitoring tools (Solar Winds Orion and Microsoft SCOM)
- Experience with security and networking architecture
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation standards and diagramming
- Experience with mobility management systems
- Experience in vulnerability and patch management
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.