Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
We are currently recruiting a Wellsite Geologist for our activities in Mexico, to monitor drilling and geological parameters at well site to detect the onset of pressure gradient changes.
The Key responsibilities are:
• To ensure that drilling mud is mixed as per specification (appropriate weight, viscosity and salinity are maintained) and to report abnormalities to superior.
• Sending geological reports to superior giving details of the lithology, correlations, shows and gas analysis.
• Supervise the running of electric logs and help to make preliminary field interpretation when required.
• Coordinate subsurface /wellsite operations, supervise the running of electric logs and helps to make preliminary field interpretation when required.
• Supervise side wall and bottom hole coring operations as well as in open or cased hole tests at the well site and ensuring proper preservation of the cores.
• Assess the logging equipment so as to ensure that it is in good working order and to report observed supervise mud logging and wire line logging operations to provide guidelines at the well site during drilling operations.
• Monitor drilling operations from the time the surface casing is run and cemented till total depth and to alert supervisor whenever any abnormality is observed in the operation (eg. drilling break, gas cut mud, etc) effects to superior.
• Close interaction with wellsite team leaders and other onsite rig personnel, as well as close interaction with subsurface asset teams in office.
• Operational support during drilling with some pre-drill technical package review and preparation to insure successful well delivery.
Fixed term, local, rotational 28/28
• Ability to focus effort and prioritize work to deliver business value while drilling;
• Must work well under pressure and adapt efficiently to fast-paced operations;
• Strong technical grounding in petroleum operations, operations and production geology, drilling and completions, and field development;
• Excellent communication skills, strong team player, open and transparent communicator across
• Diverse multidiscipline teams.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in geology;
• Approximately 4-5 years relevant industry experience in operations and production geology;
• Previous Mexico experience strongly preferred;
• Fluency in written and spoken English required.
This is an exciting time to join Eni in Mexico. We have been present in the country since 2006, with Eni Mexico created in late 2015. Amoca-2 is the first well drilled by international oil major in Mexico since the 2013 Energy Reform, and this means that we are at the forefront of exploration and development in the country, as well as growing our team to support our expanding operations.
The 100% Eni owned and operated Amoca, Miztón and Tecoalli fields are located in Area 1, a shallow water (20-40m) field lying around 3-9 km from the shore in the Campeche Bay. At this stage, all three wells drilled in the Amoca field have yielded a total of 705 m of net oil pay, significantly boosting estimates of resources in place for Area 1 to 1.4 billon boe. Eni is preparing the development plan for Phase 1 of the Amoca field (early production), with start-up anticipated in early 2019. Eni also share three additional exploration blocks (Blocks 7, 10, 14) and we are actively monitoring future bid rounds to expand our portfolio in the region.
Eni will evaluate the applications received for this position. Candidates considered to be most closely aligned to the required profile will be contacted to continue the selection process.