Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a Risk Based Integrity Engineer in Calgary, AB. This will be a 12 month contract role starting ASAP with strong possibility of extension or conversion to staff.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Calgary area as no LOA or camp is available.
This position supports the development, implementation and sustainment of the Risk Based Integrity Management (RBIM) Program for pressure equipment, piping, storage tanks and fired heaters. This includes providing technical support and coordination to all parties involved in the program as well as developing and implementing processes and procedures.
• Support the implementation and sustainment of the RBIM Program for prioritizing maintenance and inspection activities that meets or exceeds provincial and federal regulatory requirements
• Coordinate operations, maintenance, engineering and inspection personnel to optimize existing asset reliability by providing technical and RBIM program support through training and process development
• Support RBIM Program sustainment activities including risk assessments and inspection planning
• Assist in the continuous improvement of the RBIM Program, procedures and processes
• Participate in industry networks to ensure industry recommended integrity and reliability practices are explored and considered for adoption in the RBIM Program.
• Degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering
• Eligible for Professional Engineering membership with APEGA or equivalent provincial jurisdiction.
• Firm's APEGA registration needed or equivalent provincial jurisdiction.
• Minimum of 10 years working in the inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of pressure equipment, piping, tanks, and fired heaters, primary focus is piping.
• Minimum of 5 years working in the field of Risk Based Integrity Management
• Minimum of 10 years working experience in the areas of inspection/reliability, risk assessments and risk-based inspections, condition assessment, root cause analysis, failure investigation, corrosion control and mitigation for oil and gas operators or petrochemical industries
• Working knowledge of API Recommended Practice API 510, API 570, API 571, API 580, API 581, API 650, API 653, and API 579.
• Working knowledge of ABSA documents AB-505 and AB-506
• Project Management Professional designation
• Minimum of 5 years working in the field of fitness of service assessments for pressure equipment, piping and tanks.
• Knowledge of materials of construction, selection, limitation, use and welding problems associated with different materials.
• Thorough knowledge of Risk based inspection tools, Lloyd's Register Capstone - RBMI software
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.