Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor, Refinery Staff
Other Skills: Commissioning Manager, SRU
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Hourly or daily rate
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location: Middle East
Duration: 6 months+
Hours: 60 per week
6 weeks on, 2 weeks off
MUST have SRU and international work experience. Candidates must be able to show they have the experinence required.
Expat candidates preferred.
- Supervises the day to day operations and startup assignments on the project.
- Ensures proper execution and coordination of these activities.
- Coordinates pre-commissioning activities for the assigned project.
- Provides startup supervision or assistance at the jobsite of certain projects as assigned.
- Participates in startup forecasting and preparation activities as required.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of pre-commissioning procedures.
- Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- Reviews and approves key pre-commissioning methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
- Requires strict adherence to safety requirements at all times.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to startup, maintenance, operation, or testing.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of operations and startup techniques.
- Devises new approaches to operations problems.
- Provides startup, maintenance, operation or testing direction to subordinate senior startup engineers, engineers, technicians, crafts or others as assigned for specific projects or tasks.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
- Direct and supervise all aspects of plant operations for an assigned shift. This includes providing supervision of client O&M personnel as required.
- Operate the facility in a safe manner that is consistent with all applicable procedures, standards, codes, regulations and equipment limitations;
- Provide input and assist in writing system and integrated pre- operational test procedures and other site-specific commissioning procedures for integrated startup activities;
- Provide technical assistance to the training group on the project in the development of training program material intended for classroom and provide OJT training to client personnel during the course of station commissioning and initial operations;
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on the evolution of station operating procedures during the commissioning period to ensure all such documents are consistent;
- Provide input to the detailed startup planning of the project commissioning activities;
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities.
- Work hours as required, including overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary to support the project;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to interact professionally with client operations and maintenance personnel on a frequent and extensive basis
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent related work experience.
Prior experience in Operations and Commissioning / Startup of Oil Refinery systems/facilities