The Woodlands, Texas, United States
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Skills: Geoscientist, Petrophysicist
Experience: 8 + Years
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will be located in the Houston office working with the Advanced Analytics and Emerging Technologies group. Anadarko is seeking an exceptional candidate who will provide petrophysical support and help to drive innovative techniques and solutions from our R&D group to the rest of the organization. The successful candidate will work with engineers and other geoscientists to understand and predict the rock properties of reservoirs that span the exploration, development and production spectrum, primarily within our onshore unconventional reservoir settings. The candidate will successfully evaluate rock properties by utilizing well log measurements and integrated core and seismic studies, and employ existing and innovative methodologies and data science principles to provide reservoir characterizations that incorporate both deterministic and probabilistic methods and quantified uncertainty analyses.
The successful candidate will exhibit demonstrated ability to integrate a range of data types, will possess a passion for diverse and innovative techniques, and a clear ability to disseminate advanced petrophysical concepts to multi-disciplinary business units throughout the organization.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience in petrophysical evaluation preferred.
- Significant experience in tight gas/oil, gas/oil shales, and unconventional reservoirs is highly desired; DJ Basin and / or west Texas experience is a clear advantage. A strong background integrating core, log and well data across diverse geologic settings is required.
- Strong background of developing and executing multifaceted petrophysical basin and field-scale studies, inclusive of experimental design, multi-mineral petrophysical and probabilistic evaluation techniques.
- Proficiency in data science techniques such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, multivariate data analysis and data clustering is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a leading petrophysical software package is a must, and working experience with current coding languages is highly beneficial (for example SQL, Java, Python, R).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, and work well in integrated teams.
- Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration & development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins, plays, fields and prospects, and also enhance the reservoir characterization of strategic assets.
- Provide innovative petrophysical solutions for streamlined, integrated workflows in basin screening exploration settings and within producing assets.
- Deploy petrophysical interpretation using coupled data science techniques and other state-of-the-art technology and mentor others in the deployment of advanced techniques.
- Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline & LWD) technologies and recommend their applications where appropriate.
- Demonstrate expertise in new tools and interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities.
- Interface with broader business units across the Organization to maximize knowledge and technology transfer.
B.S., Master or PhD in Petroleum Engineering.
B.S. in Geology with commensurate and related Petrophysics experience will be considered for this position.
Certifications / Licenses
No certifications or licenses are required for this position.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.