Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role: Wind Foundation Engineer
Duration: 6 months renewable contract
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Start date: ASAP
The Wind Foundation Engineer is involved in various engineering projects such as but not limited to:
· Generating concept, basic and detail design for the primary steel of various wind turbine foundations such as jackets, tripods, gravity base foundations & monopiles (MP);
· Designing transition pieces (TP) for the various wind turbine foundation types;
· Performing the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports;
· Able to perform independently complex global analyses for load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy- and vessel impact conditions as well as the detailed verifications of welds, grout connections, wave slamming, vortex induced vibrations etc. of the substructures;
· Writing Design Basis, Design Briefs and Specifications as well as liaise with our Clients and Certifying Authorities;
· Skilled in serial design processes and are strong in programming routines;
· Good understanding of the design process of the dynamically loaded substructure for a wind turbine generator.
· Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering;
· 5+ years' experience in structural discipline and relevant market;
· 3+ years' experience in this or similar position;
· Structures engineering experience: Substructures for the Offshore Wind market;
· Proficient in performing analyses & calculations required for the WTG load iterations and the In-place analysis (ULS, FLS, SLS, ALS);
· Proficient user of SACS and Ansys and familiar / advanced user of Femap/Usfos/Grlweap;
· Knowledge of turbine modelling software like Bladed is an advantage.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!