Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Advisian is seeking a Senior Energy and Emissions Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery consultancy team based in Aberdeen on a permanent staff or contractor basis.
You will join the Energy and Emissions Team which provides support to the business by delivery of projects which include; energy assessments, best available techniques assessment, emissions forecasting, monitoring and reporting, permitting advice / compliance support and environmental impact assessment as examples. Projects are delivered to both local and international clients mainly in the upstream offshore / onshore oil and gas sector. Projects are varied and interesting spanning the project life-cycle. The team is also focused on expanding its client-base through development of existing client relationships and working with other discipline teams throughout the Advisian and WorleyParsons group.
- Provide positive leadership on environmental issues relating to energy and emissions and promote the adoption of best available techniques.
- Provide support to Project Management and project delivery teams on all energy and emissions matters.
- Provide input to the engineering discipline on technologies which can be implemented for reduction of emissions and cost-savings.
- Carry out project specific assurance activities as detailed, directed and instructed by project managers or lead these activities on managed projects.
- Lead or support the implementation of business development campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist in the identification and control of environmental risks in accordance with project risk management requirements.
- Assist project process owners in establishing their delivery processes and procedures.
- Liaise with client and regulatory bodies as directed by client or management.
- Co-ordinate and conduct both internal and external audit activities.
- Plan and lead (as necessary), environmental assessment visits/audits to suppliers and sub-contractors as agreed.
- Undertake as necessary awareness training in energy and emissions, the environment, procedures and applications.
- Report promptly to Management on all matters related to energy and emissions project performance.
- Input to a continuous improvement process, including a process of measuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide performance data as requested for reporting purposes.
- Provide mentoring and training to members of the Energy and Emissions team.
- Environmental Degree, a degree in a scientific discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Achieved or working toward Chartership with a recognised professional body (e.g. IChemE, Energy Institute, IEMA).
- Experience working within the Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated mathematical and report writing skills
- Experience in atmospheric emissions and energy management
- BOSIET/MIST (desirable).
- Auditor Training (desirable).
- Experience of ISO 50001, 14001 Management System development and implementation.