Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position will be located at the Anadarko corporate headquarters in The Woodlands, TX and will be responsible for supporting the health, performance, and capacity of the enterprise infrastructure systems. Candidates must demonstrate expertise and knowledge across server hardware, operating systems, networking, and storage. This position requires a heavy focus on the use of automation tools to drive efficiency.
- The candidate should have at least four years of relevant, proven IT experience, eight years or more is preferred
- Must possess and be proficient with scripting (i.e. Powershell, Bash, VBScript, Python)
- Must possess significant experience with one or more of the following; Windows Server technologies, NetApp storage systems, networking, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, EMC storage systems and/or Rubrik
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools: (i.e. Ansible Core, Ansible Tower, HPOO, Hashicorp Terraform)
- Experience with designing, maintaining, and supporting server compute environments
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with open source software (i.e. Hashicorp, Ansible, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, ELK, Data Dog, etc)
- Must have a good handle on server and workstation hardware, and versed with computing trends
- Must have a good working knowledge of network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers)
- Must have a good understanding of storage environments and protocols (NFS, CIFS, FCP, iSCSI)
- Must have experience with enterprise system monitoring tools
- Must be able to collaborate and work well within a team environment
- Working knowledge of different IAAS/PAAS Cloud Technologies: Google, Azure, AWS
- Experience with Docker and other container technologies is a plus
- Creative and innovative qualities are a plus
- Capable of leading projects, and versed with project management
- Must display excellent written and verbal skills in technical and non-technical situations
- Build and administrate a global server (Linux and Windows) environment
- Support end users by addressing technology and work-flow issues to provide a fast, more efficient work environment
- Address operational tasks and enable automated work-flows to reduce down time, increase performance, and further standardize our system environment
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues across the organization
- Occasionally run projects around POC environments and bring in new technology
Bachelor's degree in an IT, Engineering or closely related technical field is preferred (or equivalent work experience)
This position may be eligible for relocation assistance.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.