Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HSE & BUSINESS SERVICES
BUDGET & COST CONTROLLER
Primary Purpose of Job
• Responsible for planning, preparation, management, cost control and reporting for the 5 Years Operating and Capital Budget of the HSE & Business Services department (VB). Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Budget & Cost Control at VB. Coordinates with QP Finance and Departments, as VB Budget SME, and contributes both at Budget Discussion meetings with Finance team and on financial matters (i.e., Payables, Receivables, Asset Capitalization, Asset Write Off, Budgetary and cost control issues) with VB Departments.
• Proactively tracks and follows up on budget utilization / recoveries and provides recommendations, to Management, for cost control and optimization. Provides Management with independent expert analysis, opinions and advice on best use of budgeted resources to minimize financial risks to Department operations. Provides reports on financial performance of VB /Department to Management.
• Supports VBS/2 to implement Business Excellence initiatives, with emphasis on cost savings, value for money and customer focus. [Business Excellence refers to programs that address improving business processes, productivity levels, reduction of structural costs and cost containment of VB operations. Example: via services prioritization, workforce reorganization, outsourcing, etc.)
• University degree in Accounting/Finance, Commerce or equivalent.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 8 years' experience in an accounting/finance environment within the Oil & Gas Industry
• Computer literacy (MS Office suite of programs), Lotus Notes and thorough knowledge in SAP FICO, ES, PM, SD, PS and MM modules is essential.
• Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• A good command of spoken and written English is essential.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.