Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Wellsite Operator for a permanent position, located in Dyce.
The Wellsite Operator is responsible for assisting and conducting the physical tasks and activities as outlined by the D&M Standard Work Instructions. In Remote Operations, the Well Site Operator is required to execute these tasks in direct communication with the Remote Operations Engineer / Directional Driller while acting in a support capacity.
- Reports directly to the Service Delivery Manager or Field Service Manager. At the well site the Operator reports functionally to the Cell Manager.
- Works as an integral part of the well site crew under the supervision of the Cell Manager.
- In Remote Operations, the Well Site Operator maintains good communication with the D&M Remote Operations Engineer / Directional Driller in the command Centre to ensure good service quality and serves as a point of contact with the client and rig crew at the well site.
- Attends the pre-job and post-job meetings.
- Receives and ships tools to and from the well site.
- Maintains all equipment in good working condition at the rig site.
- Updates the inventory requirements at the well site.
- Responsible for rig up and down of the subsurface system at the well site.
- Sets up communication systems, such as VSAT, IP Phone, BGAN, Cellular, etc.
- Present during BHA P/U and L/D operations.
- Maintains communication with the ROE on all rig operations.
- Responsible for setting up the surface acquisition computers (MCMPs) in the logging unit and bringing them online for the Remote Operations Engineer.
- Assists the Remote Operations Engineer with subsurface sensor calibrations and in setting up depth references and updates the pipe tally.
- Assist in the Shallow Hole Test procedure for MWD tools.
- Assists the L2C1 certified engineer at the wellsite with source loading / unloading operations, source transfers - requires L2C1 certification for the operator and English.
- Assists the L2C1 certified engineer at the base in source calibrations and wipe tests - requires L2C1 certification for the operator and English.
- Executes downlinking commands as directed and instructed by the Remote Operations Engineer.
- Assists and performs all the manual tasks listed in the D&M Standard Work ?Instructions of the motors.
- Assists in the Shallow Hole Test procedure for PDM/RSS tools.
- Execute downlinking commands as directed and instructed by the Remote Operations Directional Driller.
- Confirms drilling parameters provided by the Remote Operations Directional Driller.
- Reports torque and drag readings as instructed by the Remote Operations Directional Driller.
- Handles the installation of the sensors, field boxes and rigs up the Surface Logging Unit.
- Handles the installation and setup of the acquisition system.
- Use rig builder to setup and install sensors into the acquisition system.
- Assist with the calibration of sensors.
- Handles installation and maintenance of the extractor and calibration of the gas analyser.
- Perform extractor, gas line and checks as per Standard Work instructions.
- Catch clean, prepare and cuttings for analysis and shipment.
Training - Technical:
- Must take the relevant segment WSO-level location based technical training for the services or technologies they will be assisting in delivery at the well site including:
- Combined Surface Systems
- MWD Services
- LWD Services
- Directional Drilling Services
- Basic Surface Logging Services
- Core Data Analyst Services
- Advanced Surface Logging Services
- Additional Drilling Group Services
Training - HSE:
- The employee must take OFS NEST training.
- Compliant with additional client and location specific HSE requirements.
- Shows commitment for the quality and responsibility of rig site operations.
- Consults Remote Operations / Lead Engineer and reports diligently about any issues at the well site.
- Committed to personal improvement at all times.
- Follows and complies with al company D&M policies.
- Wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Observes safe working practices and follows all HSE rules at the well site.
- Delivers the right things, on time, with quality and safety.
- Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace.
- Actively promotes continuous improvement of HSE policies and standards.
- Commits to keep all team members informed.
- Interact with client and rig personnel.