Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Description and Main Purpose of Job:
To provide financial support to one or numerous project teams and the Finance Department to ensure that the company understands the performance of the project at all times with a focus on strong cost control.
Accountability and Key Performance Areas:
• Responsible for the control of significant cost packages, ensuring the project position is understood from As Bid to completion, that invoicing is prioritised and department deadlines adhered to.
• Sound knowledge of and adherence to the Business Management System (BMS) framework and governance.
• Demonstrate behaviours and attitude which align to and support core values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support and guidance to Project Managers and all relevant team members on cost control and all other project finance tasks
• Highlighting any financial risks, opportunities or issues to the Finance Manager and Project Manager and work with them to ensure optimum solution
• Responsible for the control of all project revenue and costs, ensuring project performance is understood at all times utilizing IFS project navigator.
• Be the project focal point for all financial queries, promote an environment of strong cost control within the project team and contribute to financial decision making.
• Work within the finance month end timetable to deliver project flash reporting with full commentary by WD3 and complete all journals and close actual project results by WD5
• Lead the production of the project cost report and forecast including clear variance analysis, demonstrate an understanding of changes from As Bid at all times.
• Liaise with Project Manager, Project Planner, Buyer and Contracts Engineer to complete the monthly Project Report by WD7 for Executive review
• Issue sales invoices in a timely manner, in accordance with the Main Contract and in conjunction with the Contracts Engineer.
• Populate and submit a weekly cash flow ensuring clear visibility on project commitments
• Assist with internal and external audit queries
• Supporting the Leadership Team as appropriate, completing specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long term Company strategy.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Health, Safety and the Environment
All employees have a duty to:
• Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.
• Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
• Correctly use work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training or instructions.
• Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health and safety or welfare.
• Individuals may have additional Health & Safety responsibilities under the law of the area in which they are working and must adhere to the respective legislation.
Experience, Competency and Skill Requirement:
Competence is defined by your ability and willingness to meet all of the responsibilities and accountabilities as stated in this Job Description and the Competency Framework for your role, where applicable.
• Educated to degree level or relevant industry experience
• Work experience as a Project Accountant within the Oil & Gas, Civil Engineering or Renewables industries
• Considerable commercial knowledge and analytical skills
• Relevant experience working within a project team controlling costs
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work using own initiative and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met
• Adaptability and problem solving capability
• Pro-active forward looking approach
• Commitment to provide Excellent Customer Care
• Accounting Qualification