Skills: Driller, Drilling Engineering, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
DIRECT HIRE. DRIVE BY. MUST LIVE IN MIDLAND AREA.
THIS IS NOT A ROTATIONAL POSITION.
The Drilling Fluids Supervisor must achieve an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge, and is directly responsible for safely and efficiently managing wellsite operations relevant to the drilling fluids system. At this level the employee has an in-depth understanding of the drilling fluids system chemistry, and is capable of properly testing and maintaining the properties of the drilling fluids system without supervision, and as per the customer's requirements. At this level the employee is also capable of making recommendations to address hole cleaning issues or lost circulation events, and is capable of managing the drilling fluids system during well control conditions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complies with all company and regulatory Quality, HSE and IT standards and policies
- Wears all Personal Protective Equipment as required and maintains required up-to-date certifications
- Takes proactive measures to eliminate safety hazards.
General Drilling Concepts
- Knowledgeable regarding drilling rig types, rig components and rig component functions
- Knowledgeable on drilling operations (i.e. drilling, tripping pipe, running casing, cementing, completions, etc.)
- Knowledgeable on the drilling fluids circulation system, it's components, and each component's function
- Responsible for managing the relevant Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) requirements for any product shipments
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and maintaining an accurate inventory of products at the wellsite
- Responsible for managing the inventory of wellsite test chemicals for fluid chemical checks and able to explain the importance of shelf-life and the ordering process for replacement test chemicals
- Responsible for the accurate reconciliation of delivery/credit tickets against wellsite inventory Previous Experience and Competencies
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, or Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent)
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.