Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, Marketing, Sales
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for managing both strategy and execution of all revenue streams, corporate brands, distribution channels and customer engagements on a world-wide basis. This is a dynamic, executive level role that requires creativity, ability to build relationships, think analytically and strong leadership skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing strategic sales plans based on company goals
- Business and market development both domestically and internationally
- Executive level customer management
- Management of market research and positioning
- Strategic direction for promotion and advertising, sales growth and customer satisfaction
- Oversight and leadership of current in place sales team
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company's North American and International markets, competitors, sales cycles, clinical influences and consumer behaviors.
- Direct the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Build upon an already in place high performing, process driven sales culture.
- Develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities and carry out programs for market research and analysis including market segments, buying trends and competitor analysis.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs and public relations efforts including community outreach.
- Effectively represent the company at various community, business, industry and governmental meetings to promote the company and its interests.
- Develop and implement pricing and customer service policies in conjunction with the corporate plans and budgets.
- Define and oversee sales incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Develops marketing action plans that clearly define objectives, goals, schedules and assignments to implement and achieve targeted opportunities.
- Provide recommendations for improving or adding new products and services and assist R&D as needed
- Builds, develops and manages sales teams capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Leverage current, in place, network of industry contacts, preferably at the executive level to achieve sales targets.
- Sales and marketing strategies/tactics: The company's span of products, services and markets require intentional choices from among many marketing and sales strategies and approaches. This is key given the global nature of this business.
- Results focus: The VP position must understand the importance of execution to the business strategy and not simply setting the strategy.
- Leadership: The company operates within a distinct set of values and mission. The VP needs to display leadership in achieving goals within those values and mission and model those values to employees, customers and business partners.
- Communication Proficiency: The VP must be able to communication effectively with a wide range of employees, customers, across cultures, different countries and industry professionals in a wide range of settings and facilitate effective interactions.
Education and Experience
- 10 years or more experience directing sales, marketing and product realization functions at an executive/senior level in oil & gas market.
- Specific experience in sales and marketing of completion products is highly sought after.
- Not required, but international experience/exposure preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, preferably Engineering, Geosciences and/or Business.
- 50%+ travel will be required both domestically in North America and Internationally.