The purpose of this role is to manage risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of VaR, stress testing, and scenario analysis for the Shell US Trading and Supply crude business. This role will also identify, develop, and implement systems efficiencies, statistical analysis and reporting capabilities for the risk books, partnering with the other Crude team members to align best practices across the global business.
- Risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, valuation parameters, and instrument types for the Shell US Trading and Supply crude business.
- Provide review and comments on new and group business proposals as they relate to the Shell US Trading and Supply crude business.
- Assess the risks associated with structured deals and the valuation models used for physical/financial trading and hedging, at times building out models to calibrate performance of such deals.
- Assist in limit setting & monitoring of Shell US Trading and Supply crude business.
- Develop tools for on-going portfolio reviews and produce "deep dive" analysis for senior management. These tools include but are not limited to statistical analysis, risk-reward metrics, advanced market risk modelling.
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VaR back-testing / Stress Testing / Scenario Analysis / pricing for liquidity
- Design and development of specific scenario and stress testing as it relates to discrete portfolios
- Collaborate with IT and other staff to identify, develop and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for risk books
- This role will provide risk management expertise in complex areas and should be able to manage their own work with limited supervision
- Support and partner with Enterprise Risk Management.
- Continue to foster and support the significant relationship with the Risk SBO team, linking the market risk component of this role to the product control function performed within the offshore team.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field required. Candidate with post-graduate degree preferred.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience within a recognized trading and risk management organization.
- Strong understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls - Expert level
- Advanced grasp of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, market to market, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, and financial analysis
- Strong business analysis skills, modeling capabilities, research and problem solving skills, computer skills, technologically oriented
- Capable of being independent from front office; able to objectively analyze and report risks and exposures
- Team player, good interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge commercial team members
- Reliable and dependable
- Innovative and creative, excellent problem solving capabilities
- Continuous improvement mindset, utilizing tools to streamline and automate desk
- Introduce & implement industry best practices in commodity trading risk management.
- Proficient in Matlab or Python (advanced to expert level)
- Proficient in Excel (advanced to expert level)
- Experience with Endur preferred
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.