The purpose of this role is to manage risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of VaR, stress testing, and scenario analysis as well as exposure and deal implementation for the Shell US Trading and Supply crude business. This role will also identify, develop, and implement reporting capabilities, risk policy and represent Risk with the rest of the organization, partnering with the other Crude team members to align best practices across the global business as well as the other Finance and Front Office teams. This role will manage numerous stakeholders locally and in different time zones including but not limited to London, Singapore and Calgary.
- Risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, valuation parameters, and instrument types for the Shell US Trading and Supply crude business.
- Drive review, challenge and comments on new and group business proposals as they relate to the Shell US Trading and Supply crude business.
- Assess the risks associated with structured deals and the valuation models used for physical/financial trading and hedging, at times building out models to calibrate performance of such deals.
- Assist in limit setting & monitoring of Shell US Trading and Supply crude business.
- Drive on-going portfolio reviews and produce "deep dive" analysis for senior management
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VaR back-testing / Stress Testing / Scenario Analysis / pricing for liquidity
- Collaborate with IT and other staff to identify, develop and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for risk books
- This role will provide risk management expertise in complex areas and should be able to manage their own work with limited supervision
- Support and partner with Enterprise Risk Management and the rest of the organization.
- Continue to foster and support the significant relationship with the Risk SBO team, linking the market risk component of this role to the product control function performed within the offshore team.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field required. Candidate with post-graduate degree preferred.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience within a recognized trading and risk management organization.
- Strong understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls.
- Advanced grasp of trading influences, deal structures and types, interpreting positions, P&L, market to market, trading reporting regulations, financial and management reporting, position reporting, and financial analysis.
- Strong Exposure and Exposure modelling knowledge.
- Experience in physical trading crude oil markets.
- Experience in driving new business proposals.
- Experience in Canadian energy markets.
- Experience in Global portfolios.
- Strong business analysis skills, modeling capabilities, research and problem solving skills.
- Capable of being independent from front office; able to objectively analyze and report risks and exposures.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results oriented.
- Team player, good interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge commercial team members.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Innovative and creative, excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Introduce & implement industry best practices in commodity trading risk management.
- Experience with Endur preferred.
- Experience in Project Management preferred.
- Experience in the Front Office preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.