Skills: Operations Management, Project Management, Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baytown, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is looking for a Project Manager with experience in directly planning, coordinate and supervise activities of mechanical construction projects which may include, but are not limited to the installation of machinery and equipment; erection of structural steel; erection repair of boilers, tanks, vats and pressure vessels; fabrication, assembling, installation of piping, fixtures and equipment for industrial processing systems. Follows various building codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications. Responsible for assuring work is done in a professional manner, meeting client specifications within budget and on time, and maintaining a safe work environment.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
- Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.