Our client is looking for an Instrument Engineer for a 9 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
To provide instrument and control engineering support to Brae Operations, Projects and Decommissioning
- To provide operations support including maintenance, fault diagnosis, installation and modifications to field instruments, process control systems, process safety systems, Fire & Gas systems and other electrical and electronic equipment.
- Monitor and optimise process alarms.
- Propose plant modifications to improve safety, environmental and reliability performance of the process facilities.
- Engineer instrument modifications.
- Provide discipline input to larger projects.
- Manage multidisciplinary projects where instrumentation is the lead discipline.
- Participate in safety and environmental reviews (e.g. HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SIL reviews, LOPA assessment).
- Participate in Incident Investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Investigate reliability events and implement remedial actions to reduce the likelihood of repeat events.
- Work with Turnaround Team to plan and implement instrument activities in Turnarounds.
- Manage vendors and support contractors.
- Visit offshore to perform trials, commission modifications, participate in investigations and coordinate the activities of service companies.
- Support audits and work permit reviews during offshore visits.
- As-built documents.
- Cost discipline when material sourcing, mobilisation and control of vendors.
- May be required to participate in an emergency role as defined in the Company's onshore Emergency Response Procedures.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Self-starter who drives for results
- Relevant Engineering Degree (Instrument Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering etc) and working towards Chartered Engineer status