Other Skills: Hammer Tools, Hydraulic and Electric Power Units
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Port-Gentil, Ogooue-Maritime, Gabon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Currently Recruiting for Experienced Hammer Operators for the Africa Region. The Hammer Operator will be responsible for operating and maintaining Hammer Equipment for offshore and onshore operations.
- Oil and Gas experience preferred but not essential.
- Previous offshore experience or Mechanical/Electrical experience required.
- Advantageous to have experience in the operations of all Hammers, Power Tongs, Hydraulic and Electric Power Units, Manual Elevators and Air Operated Elevators and Spiders.
Key Functional Skills
- Excellent coordinating, organisational and administrative skills.
- Must have the drive and ability to meet operational deadlines and adapt as required by operational needs.
- Operate Piling Hammers, Diesel and Hydraulic.
- Prepare and check all equipment prior to the job.
- Prepare equipment load outs.
- Check equipment when it returns from operations.
- Dress/service casing running equipment used.
- Responsible for unpacking/packing equipment.
- Monitor, test and operate Hammer equipment.
- Inspect all Workshop and Offshore equipment, maintaining it as detailed in the company maintenance procedures and repair as required. Responsible for completing and forwarding Fault Report Forms to Workshop Supervisor for further action/review.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with all new developments in job related equipment tools and operational requirements as instructed.
- Ensure all required operational documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner and forwarded to Operations Office for filing.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and free from obstructions.
- Responsible for health and safety for all personnel on work-site and for the protection of the environment.
- Implement quality, health and safety policies during all operational activities. Suggest changes/improvements which may be made to those procedures.
- Actively seek ways to eliminate unsafe practices, conditions and damage. Join rig safety programs as required.
- Assist with equipment maintenance at other bases as required.
- Provide daily contact/report to Operations Office whilst on job..
- Liaise with Company Rep. as required. Maintaining positive and professional corporate image of the company at all times.
- Attend client meetings when requested.
- Assist onshore/workshop operations as required.
- Meet all operational deadlines/schedules (including: check-ins, flights, shift patterns, meetings) as required.
- Operator will be required to take part in ongoing training programme which may include travel as and when required.
- Travel and work in various countries as and when required.