Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an NGL Controller for their facility located in Lake Charles, LA.
This position is directly involved in the operation of pipelines and facilities in the transportation and movement of Liquid NGL Products and directing other Controllers performing the same activities. The Controller must balance a high level of surveillance on multiple pipeline systems with in-depth analysis of site-specific real-time data in order to maintain the integrity of the pipeline system(s). The Lead Controller will be expected to take a proactive approach to mitigating developing threats and ongoing events through close contact with the operational conditions of the pipelines and communication with field support personnel. The Controller must demonstrate the ability to recognize, analyze, and respond to abnormal conditions in a timely manner to minimize potential impact to people and the environment as well as eliminating risk to the liability of the company. The Lead Pipeline Controller will monitor, operate, and control TARGA's NGL Pipelines via the TARGA SCADA System. The majority of these NGL lines are PHMSA Jurisdictional pipelines. This position requires working 12-hour shifts, performing vacation relief, working Holidays and responding to call-outs
• Train and Obtain DOT qualifications pertaining to Pipeline SCADA Operations
• Perform routine startup/shutdown of pipeline facility equipment
• Recognize pipeline and pipeline equipment malfunctions
• Recognize danger signals from equipment and perform emergency procedures, which could include the shutdown of facilities and/or pipelines
• Prepares and analyzes recurring operational reports
• Prepares various ad-hoc reports including providing data for regulatory reporting
• Continuously review and monitor facility operations for optimization
• Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, local policies and procedures
• Interface with support personnel, maintenance, measurement, instrumentation/electrical, etc, to resolve operational upset issues
• Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
• Attend all safety meeting and safety training as required by company
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Minimum of 1.5 years of experience operating NGL Pipelines
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and the public
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
• Ability to lift, push, or pull at least a minimum of 50lbs
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Prior Pipeline Controller Experience
• Knowledge of DOT Regulations CFR 49, Part 195
• Knowledge of Intouch / Wonderware SCADA Applications
• Knowledge of Pipeline Hydraulics & NGL Products
• Knowledge of Control Room and Alarm Management Systems
• Knowledge of Pipeline Leak Detection Systems
• Knowledge of Communication Systems
• Knowledge of and understands PIDs
• Knowledge and understands Pipeline Maps and Alignment sheets
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.