Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of projects which are assigned to him/her by the Manager Operations and/or Manager DIVING/ROV/ROPE ACCESS by providing guidance and support in all aspects of project execution. The Project Manager role is supported by the Manager DIVING/ROV/ROPE ACCESS, Crewing Department, QHSE, Inspection Department and Workshop.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure safe, efficient and profitable execution of projects, as allocated by the Manager Operations/Manager DIVING/ROV/ROPE ACCESS.
• Ensure awareness, understanding and control of all commercial and technical matters relating to the content of the project or contract.
• Ensure proper budgetary control of all project costs. Prepare / review and approve invoices. Recover costs from third parties where appropriate. Deal effectively with any client invoicing disputes.
• Ensure field work is efficiently planned. Liaise with clients to ensure all parties are fully informed of mobilisation/planning arrangements.
• Ensure equipment and consumables selected are suitable for the project. Manage any modifications or changes that may be necessary with other departments.
• Ensure the necessary inter-departmental pre and post-project meetings take place if required.
• Provide a written project briefing to all relevant departments and the project team. Attend mobilisation for offshore worksite briefing if appropriate.
• Select the project team in co-operation with Manager DIVING/ROV/ROPE ACCESS and the Crewing Department.
• Implement the company's QHSE Management Systems throughout all phases of the project.
• Ensure that all material risks in tenders or projects are identified, assessed and recorded in the HIRA project risk register and that mitigation plans are formulated, pursued and documented in a timely manner and to a clear conclusion.
• Ensure project reporting is properly managed and delivered in accordance with the client specification and document control parameters. Any variations must be documented and additional cost recovered as necessary.
• Provide input to tenders and contract negotiation in association with the Commercial Department.
• Co-ordinate with the Commercial Department to ensure a smooth handover of the project from the tendering to the operational phase.
• Ensure regular communication with the client throughout the project. Document any changes to specification-/- workscope or claims. Follow up verbal discussions with written confirmation.
• Liaise with other project managers, Manager DIVING/ROV/Rope Access, QHSE, Workshop Foreman and the Crewing Department on co-ordination with other services and projects to ensure optimal utilisation of resources. Pre-plan and co-ordinate mobilisation and demobilisation with assistance from the workshop and department managers.
• Work as part of a team, assisting other Project Managers on large-/- multi-opco projects (DIVING /ROV/ Rope Access) as required.
• Higher technical education degree.
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Strong technical knowledge.
• Experience in the offshore industry.
• Supervisory SCC certified.
• Excellent command of the Dutch and English language both spoken and written.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.