Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Material Scientist is responsible for failure analysis metal and metal powder components. Functions as a technical expert and assists in the selection of materials for the development of oil and gas perforating equipment. The position reports to the Research Director. metallurgist works with metals and alloys in the development, production and manufacturing of metal items/structures that range from tiny precision-made components to huge heavy engineering parts. Metallurgists work with a wide range of products including non-ferrous metals, copper sheet/wire, precious metals, iron, steel, stainless steel, zinc, copper and aluminium alloys.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigating corrosion and metal failure/fatigue
- Responsible for undertaking new product research.
- Providing technical advice about the suitability of metals for a different purpose.
- Carrying out laboratory-based analysis of samples using SEM
- Using both destructive and non-destructive techniques to test composition.
- Interface with engineers and scientist.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree and qualification level. A degree in metallurgy, materials science/technology or a similar engineering subject is normally necessary for entry into the profession
- Years of specific experience in BS, 10+, MS. 5+, PhD 1+.
- Knowledge of specific systems or powders metal metallurgy.
- Desirable experience/skills/languages, English.
- Candidates must be able to work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.