Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Upon agreement on the product performance and the development and production costs and schedule, the applicant will design, test, analyse, and assist in its commercialization. Successfully undertake technical project leadership.
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Design shape charges with a proven 2-D hydrodynamic code and builds prototype systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations. -
- Develop testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentations.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, codes and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- Create and maintain product documentation and training and support to clients and field representatives.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position. Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environmental standards and procedures and successfully complete required safety training.
- Interface with other engineers and scientist.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree and qualification level. A degree in mechanical engineering, material science/technology or a similar engineering subject
- Years of specific experience in BS, 10+, MS. 5+, PhD 3+.
- Experience working with metal powders
- Desirable experience/skills/languages, English.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.