Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Experience: 7 + Years
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We have an opening for a Synthesis Chemist (organic, organometallic, inorganic) to conduct research and development in the synthesis, processing, and scale-up of new energetic compounds and their precursors. You will be part of a team of a multidisciplinary team developing energetic technologies for the oil & gas industry. The position entails development of energetic material composites, to include conducting mixing/casting/pressing processes, performing small scale safety tests, assisting with detonation/deflagration performance/characterization tests, and designing experimental systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Devise safe, effective, and efficient methods of synthesizing organic materials including high explosives and energetic polymers to support R&D.
- Formulating existing and novel energetic and adhesive compositions.
- Lead production of explosives and propellants from subscale through production for assigned programs.
- Use lab equipment in support of synthesis experiments and lab scale process development.
- Provide technical assessments to senior leadership with recommendations for future research and development.
- Keep abreast of the latest research in energetic materials through literature reviews and technical conferences.
- Perform duties within industry-specific regulations regarding safety, product and material requirements and plant operations.
- Proactively interact within cross-functional program teams.
- Interface with internal and external customers.
- Statistical based analysis of physical and chemical technical data.
- Takes responsibility for assuring quality, cost-effectiveness and timely completion of projects.
- Perform technical planning, cost estimation and general proposal support for new business captures.
- Analysis of samples using HPLC, GC MS/MS, LC MS/MS, GC/MS headspace and ICP/MS
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years of experience in energetic materials research, including synthesis and analysis/characterization.
- Demonstrated experience in proposing and executing original chemical research.
- Expertise in multiple analytical techniques for analysis and characterization of chemicals, including spectroscopic methods (e.g, Raman, IR, laser-based), mass spectrometry (e.g., GCMS, LCMS), and chemical separations (e.g., IC, GC, LC, IMS).
- Experience is pilot plant scaling of energetic materials.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.