We are working with an Oil & Gas Operator who are on the lookout for a Cost Engineer in their project services team. This will be a long term contract position, office based and paying a daily rate.
- Establish and Maintain cost management reporting tools in line with a brownfields Project Portfolio; typical spend of USD$50m pa.
- Brownfield Estimating Tool - Run and Maintain.
- Budget Management • Cost and Cash Forecasting at project and portfolio level
- Establishment of Norms
- SAP WBS Management
- Network Order Management
- Financial Closeout
- Project Calendar management for Cost Reporting
Job Purpose & Accountabilities "To contribute to delivery of standard, consistent and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to projects. Accountabilities can be summarised as follows:
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for medium-size, stand-alone projects.
- Roll-out of the Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project's life cycle development & execution phase. - Develop and implement Earned Value Management process across the project.
- Support delivery of cost management solutions for major, complex projects.
- Implementation of project cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
- Prepare Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and documented Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Generate accurate monthly cost reports, highlighting variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, management of changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
- Contribute to the change management process for projects. Analyse trends and the highlight potential impacts of changes on cost.
- Assist in peer reviews and other Assurance events..
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
- Raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases." Dimensions Responsibility for the establishment, maintenance, and delivery of the cost management activity for a project >$100 million.
Skills & Requirements REQUIRED:
- have 3 years experience in a project cost engineering role are/have been responsible for the cost management of elements of project scope or a portfolio of early-phase prospects ( < 10 mln.US$)
- Assessment for Leadership Development is expected to be at the level of Individual Performers
- have 4-5 years experience in a lead cost engineering role in both the front-end and execution phases of an opportunity or project
- have had full responsibility for establishing, managing, and delivering the Project Services activities in these roles for at least one sizable project >$100 million (i.e. the Upstream headline size lower threshold in the OAP classification model
- Assessment for Leadership Development is expected to be at the level of Leader of Teams
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.