Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Area Engineer for their office located in Tulsa, OK.
- Act as primary technical resource for assigned gathering and processing assets
- Possess fundamental knowledge of midstream gas gathering and processing operations, including pig liquids handling, compression, dehydration, hydrocarbon recovery and condensate stabilization
- Manage and oversea system planning and development activities to facilitate rapid and efficient gathering system growth in prolific mid-continent region
- Model and evaluate gathering systems, including field compression and suggest efficiency and debottlenecking projects
- Size and specify mechanical equipment, including separators, filters, tanks, heat exchangers, air coolers, pumps, compressors, and dehydrators. Select appropriate piping and vessel materials, diameters and thicknesses to meet design requirements. Size and specify relief devices, control valves, and regulators.
- Design pipelines, meter stations, compressor stations, pump stations and components within processing facilities
- Support operating teams in implementing and maintaining PSM programs at assigned PSM facilities, including PHA, MOC and audit support.
- Provide technical support to operations for plant startups and troubleshooting
- Continuously review assets to enhance safety, mechanical reliability, operational flexibility, and capacity.
- Suggest optimization projects to enhance process recoveries and efficiencies
- Work closely with commercial and business development teams to indentify commercial opportunities and to provide timely cost estimating for potential projects
- Provide project management on assigned capital projects
- Develop treating and process simulations and models and review against operating conditions
- Communicate effectively with other team members (operations, construction, commercial, etc)
- Proactively seek opportunities to learn and develop and to find solutions for maximizing value to the business unit
- Assure all Targa design and construction standards are met and followed
- Assure State, Federal and Targa regulations and policies in Safety and Environmental areas are adhered to within area of responsibility
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from 4-year accredited University.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in either/or natural gas gathering, compression, processing, fractionation, construction or field operations.
- 1+ years of experience in project engineering, project management or related work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products to include Word and Excel,
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 25% of the time
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Experience with acid gas handling and process equipment.
- Experience preferred in applications such as HYSYS, PROMAX, WinSim, WinFlow, FlareNet
- Experience with Microsoft Project
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.