California, United States
California, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, Painting / Coating / Blasting
Other Skills: Certified Site Surveillance Technician - CSST, Cartified Asbestos Contractor - CAC
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Lodging, per diem provided. Medical/dental/vision, 401K, Vacation, competetive wages, and more
Location: California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery, Petrochemical and Construction markets, is currently looking for a California Certified Site Surveillance Technician - CSST, or a Certified Asbestos Consultant - CAC to join our team in the Chico or Thousand Oaks areas of California.
- This position will involve up to 100% travel to locations within California. We are providing asbestos, and potentially other contaminant/carcinogen monitoring in the vicinity of the 2018 Camp and Wolsey wildfire burn areas.
- Duration is expected to last about 9 months and could potentially be extended.
- These positions will be based out of either the Chico or Thousand Oaks, California areas. Additional areas may be included in the future.
Required Certifications, Education, Experience:
- California Certified Site Surveillance Technician - CSST
- California Certified Asbestos Consulant - CAC
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in an asbesto monitoring capacity.
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP, CSP, OSHA 500, etc. ).
- Knowledgeable in, and have the ability to research federal and state regulations and policies.
- May need to be able to work occasional weekends, holidays and callouts when needed.
- Must be able to travel as needed. Estimated up to 100%.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Currently, work is scheduled for 6 days per week, 10 hours per day. It is subject to change based on the needs of the project.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Lodging Provided
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Per Diem living allowance
* This is not a 1099 position. The successful candidate will be hired as a full-time employee.
* Please visit www.safetyms.com to learn more and apply online. EOE/AA
Acadian Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is based solely upon one's individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, veterans, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. We will make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-259-3333.