Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Roustabouts are the entry level members of our crews. They are meant to involve themselves in all aspects of deck, cargo, and housekeeping operations aboard the ship and to participate in these operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Roustabouts assist with deck and cargo operations aboard the ship at the immediate discretion of the Crane Operators(s) and Deckpusher(s). This includes supporting all cranes operations, stowage of cargo, bulk materials, and drilling equipment, as well as adequate housekeeping in all related spaces. They may also, at times, be required to assist with drilling operations.
Direct Manager/Supervisor - Crane Operator
Functional Manager/Supervisor - Deckpusher
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of all training and certification requirements for Roustabout position as described in the Pacific Drilling training matrix.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Clean, and organize the deck, equipment, and all related work areas.
- Offload supplies from boats and move them to storage areas at the direction of the Deckpushers and Crane Operators.
- Check loads for proper slinging, lift clearance, obstructions in movement, balance etc.
- Work to ensure that all decks, sack store, and other cargo related spaces are clean, organized, and inventoried/audited.
- Perform assigned duties during safety drills and emergency situations as per the station bill.
- Actively participate in the weekly safety meeting and other safety management system issues.
Key Behavioral Attributes
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, dynamic, and proactive attitude
- Always promotes company interests in a positive manner
- Good coordination, practical hand skills, and physically fit
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!