Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Chemist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
Targa has an immediate opening f or an ES&H Specialist covering our Venice Complex including the Gas Processing Plant, Venice Gathering Station (VGS), and Delta Gathering Station (DGS). This position has the primary responsibility for overseeing environmental and safety compliance and the implementation of Targa ES&H management systems to ensure protection of human health and the environment. The position works directly with engineering, operations, and corporate ES&H on new projects, ongoing compliance, and local advocacy.
This position will office at the Venice Gas Plant with frequent travel to the Hattiesburg Terminal and will report to the Environmental Director in Houston, Texas, along with direct support and guidance from the Corporate ES&H Department in Houston, Texas.
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Main contact for all ES&H activities including emergency response, incident and emissions event reporting.
- Manage and ensure compliance with New Source Review and Title V permits through maintenance of monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting records. Prepare deviation reports and annual compliance certifications, as necessary.
- Work directly with engineering and operations on new projects or modifications to existing assets. Responsible for data collection, coordinating sampling, and working directly with the corporate office or consultants who prepare the permit applications.
- Compile and prepare data to send to Corporate for annual emission inventories, including greenhouse gas inventories.
- Ensure compliance with all site water and wastewater permits. Includes oversight of testing schedules and laboratories, review and gathering of DMR data, reporting of noncompliance, and coordinated work with consultants and contractors on any permitting activities, as needed.
- Serve as the site coordinator for Process Safety Management (PSM) including, attending PHAs and PSM audits. Perform routine audits of site work permits, lock out tag out system inspections, and other related inspections. Ensure compliance with MOC process and PSSRs.
• Coordinate training of employees, including new hire orientations and monthly safety meetings, on ES&H requirements to ensure compliance with regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Organize and participate in Incident Investigations, build action item reports, and coordinate completion of action items.
- Ensure compliance with SPCC and SWPPP plans and initiate updates as needed.
- Assist with spill response and remediation activities, as needed.
- Prepare and submit Tier 2 reports.
- Ensure compliance with the site waste management plan, generator standards, and complete annual hazardous waste report.
- Assist with internal and external compliance audits, as needed. Facilitate resolution of issues generated from reviews, inspections, and incident investigations.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Environmental Science or Safety. Will consider other candidates that have 5+ years of related job experience in consulting or industry that can demonstrate a solid knowledge of plant operations and equipment and present themselves as a self-starter with a desire to learn new things.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Legal auth or ization to w or k in the US on a full-time basis f or anyone other than your current employer.
- Physical ability to w or k out in the plant site and accompany regulat or s on plant tours.
- Fluent English verbal and written skills.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Ability to travel away from the area overnight periodically for training and company meetings. Assume about four (4) times per year.
- 3+ years of direct job experience
- Direct experience in consulting or related industry
- A collaborative personality, ready to work in teams and with others to solve problems.
- OSHA Certifications
- Previous training classes in air quality, water quality, permit compliance, or remediation
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as or ganizations outside the company (regulat or y agencies, contract or s, consultants).
- Effective project management skills
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.