Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Galena Park, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
Targa is currently seeking a Terminal Operations Technician for their facility located in Galena Park, TX.
The Operations Technician at the Galena Park Marine Terminal will primarily be responsible for the safe and efficient cargo transfer operation of the marine docks and related shore equipment. Shore equipment includes pumps, compressors, valves, heaters, boilers, truck rack, dehydration and refrigeration systems. The Galena Park Marine Terminal in Galena Park, TX is a DOT and USCG regulated facility
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Valid Texas driver's license
• Access equipment on barges and ships, some heavy lifting and tugging on ropes, hoses & loading arms, operating valves
• Able to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, subject to callouts & overtime
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Windows applications
• Able to work in a self-managed work team environment and take direction from team
• Must be a self-starter and flexible; able to plan and manage multiple task
• Able to work with a multi-national customer base
• Able to obtain a TWIC card.
• Previous marine LPG/Chemical terminal experience with above-mentioned equipment
• College courses in process technology, process controls and instrumentation
• Previous Mechanical/I&E experience a plus
• Has a valid TWIC card
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.