Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monument, NM, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Operations Technician for their facility located in Monument, NM.
• Operation technicians - work 12 hour rotating shift
• Responsible for a safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the following processes
o NGL extraction via cryogenic turbo expander process
o 2 cycle and 4 cycle engines and compressors
o Gas and liquid treating via amine solution
o Sulfur Recovery Unit
o Pumps - centrifugal and positive displacement
o Utility generation - steam, cooling tower, cooling water, electrical generation, purchase power, etc.
• Perform routine startup and shutdown of individual equipment and processes
• Monitor process variables and conditions
• Adjust process variable and conditions using a GE PLC / Wonder ware system
• Monitor usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, lube oils, etc to prevent excessive consumption at current processing and production rates
• Monitor and recognize dangerous and or emergency conditions within the process and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process / facility in order to protect personnel and equipment
• Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary to correct problems
• Monitor levels of lubricants, fluids, chemicals, etc. and refills as necessary to prevent damage to equipment
• Write work orders using MAXIMO for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations
• Read, calculate, and / or estimate process flow rates, volumes, and prepare operational logs and reports i.e. PPR
• Participates in preparation of operating procedures and training of peers in safe and efficient operating practices
• Perform other work related duties as assigned
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Minimum of 1 year of related work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
• 2 Years Operations Experience in Natural Gas Processing
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.