Wink, Texas, United States
Wink, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Process Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wink, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets.
Targa is currently seeking an Operations Technician for their facilities in Wink, TX.
- Operate and maintain terminal facilities including: tanks, pumps, LACTs, valves and terminal piping, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products and custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers.
- Operation of manual and automatic valves, meters, pumps, loading stations and transfer systems
- Inspects pumps, valves and equipment for proper operation and performs general facility maintenance as needed.
- Responsible for reporting, troubleshooting, and correcting, abnormal operating conditions.
- Ensure the safe operation of the terminal; maintain awareness for personal and co-workers safety, and ensure knowledge and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs all monthly DOT inspections, including tankage, fire extinguisher, firewater pump, etc. and ensures associated records are completed.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Mechanical abilities needed.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Must be dependable with excellent attendance record, and be willing to work different shift schedules, including weekends and holidays.
- Must work well in "team" environment.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.