Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for their facility located in Watford City, ND.Job Responsibilities
Responsible for installation, diagnosis and troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance, and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment such as engines, electric motors, compressors, pumps, fired heaters, filtration equipment, heat exchangers, air coolers, cooling towers, pressure vessels, valves, pressure relief devices, and other specialty items. Also responsible for other facility components and related equipment typically associated with the processing, treating, storage, and transportation of natural gas and extracted liquids and byproducts. Minimum Essential Qualifications
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Associate's degree in mechanical technology or equivalent experience maintaining mechanical equipment and facility components typically utilized in natural gas processing.
- Minimum 1 year's maintenance and/or operation experience in a Gas Processing Facility.
- Ability to lift or push a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Proven ability to install new and replacement equipment listed above as required to maintain and optimize plant and field operations.
- Experience using analytical instruments and tools to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions of equipment listed above.
- Experience using precision tools such as micrometers, torque wrenches, and alignment devices.
- Ability to maintain maintenance records using the CMMS tool Maximo.
- Ability to perform additional site specific job requirements.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ year's maintenance and/or operation experience in a Gas Processing Facility.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.