Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana & California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Job Duties and Responsibilities - General Maintenance Technician
• General maintenance at MBC
• Maintain good housekeeping - maintain area including trash, and all cast off material
• Operates equipment such as carry deck, forklift, scissor lift
• Completes basic and routine tasks related in support of operations
• The position is diverse and job tasks will vary on a daily basis.
• Assembles and repairs equipment, using hand tools and power tools:
• Digs holes, sets forms, and mixes and pours concrete into forms, using posthole digger, hand tools, wheelbarrows, etc.
• Dismantles and assembles general equipment using hand and power tools
• Remove and replace process filters and maintain waste filter area
• Help to install process blinds and flanges
• Utilize multi-limb coordination and flexibility combined with control precision to perform fine motor skills including: finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, arm-hand steadiness, in order to push, pull or lift objects.
• Work may involve climbing at heights at or above six feet.
• Ability to follow and adhere to all applicable safety regulations including, but not limited to, Targa's processes and procedures, Site Specific Rules, State and Federal regulations.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing; ability to lift, push/pull 75 pounds.
• Auditory attention and hearing sensitivity is required, as candidates must possess the ability to distinguish various sounds that serve as key maintenance and safety indicators.
• Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company's Environmental, Health, and Safety policies.
• Performs other work related duties as needed
• Complete other general maintenance in other departments
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• 0-1 years' experience knowledge, skills and abilities
• Working knowledge of the English language, with the ability to speak, read and write to convey information
• Ability to think critically and logically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Capable of converting verbal or written instructions into productive action
• Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
• Basic pipe, valve and fitting knowledge
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives.
• Full exposure to extreme weather changes and humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations Includes exposure to extreme summer and winter temperatures, as well as rain, sleet, and snow
• Work generally performed in an industrial environment (indoor or outdoor) with various hazards and noise exposure.
• Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.
• The job also requires availability for rotating on-call schedule, unscheduled call-outs and extended workdays and/or workweeks.
• Overtime, Weekend and/or Holiday hours may be required as directed by business needs.
• 3 years plant experience preferred
• Plant equipment maintenance experience
• Experience and ability using hand and power tools
• Certified Operator 8-50 Ton Crane
• Certified Operator Cherry Picker
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.