Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa Resources is currently seeking an I/E Construction Supervisor for their corporate office in Houston, TX.
- Inspects construction projects and provides project evaluation. Manages the performance of contractors and consultants assigned to projects as well as internal personnel.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and construction design and effectiveness for construction activities and system optimization.
- Coordinates and leverages resources on projects and ensures appropriate company personnel are apprised of or participate in projects.
- Ensure the provision of a comprehensive program for successful I&E construction completion, pre-commissioning activities, and pre-startup commissioning testing in accordance with Client requirements and specifications.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Provide Support and Focus as Liaison between Targa and I&E Contractor in order to provide alignment between I&E and mechanical commissioning for scheduling accuracy.
- Check sheet development and assignment per tagged item.
- Completions progress percentage tracking and reporting
- I&E QA/QC inspection support
- Lead, direct, & coordinate loop shooting teams.
- Monitor and maintain correctness of content for I&E project completion handover documentation.
- Provide focus on critical path for commissioning schedule compliance.
- Interact with mechanical completions on constraints and shift critical path as necessary.
- Provide vendor coordination in accordance with commissioning schedule.
- Mentor Client technicians in maintenance and troubleshooting new equipment
- Ensure completion and content of handover documentation to Client Operations inclusive of I&E contractor handover and acceptance.
- Provide commissioning & start-up stand by assistance & trouble shooting
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the petrochemical or natural gas processing industry.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Experience in engineering, project management, and technical support to operations.
- Experience in the design and maintenance of electrical, instrumentation, control, and measurement systems.
- Must be an analytical problem solver.
- Able to work independently while being responsive to both internal and external customers in the organization.
- Able to direct field work, handle material and equipment selection activities while controlling costs.
- Ability to write procedures, organize work flow, and maintain schedules.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in elevated work spaces.
Targa Resources offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.