Midkiff, Texas, United States
Midkiff, Texas, United States
Skills: Process Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midkiff, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking Field Operations Technicians for a new facility near Midkiff,TX.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for a safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the following processes
o NGL extraction via cryogenic turbo expander process
o 2 cycle and 4 cycle engines and compressors
o Gas and liquid treating via amine solution
o Sulfur Recovery Unit
o Pumps - centrifugal and positive displacement
o Utility generation - steam, cooling tower, cooling water, electrical generation, purchase power, etc.
• Perform routine startup and shutdown of individual equipment and processes
• Monitor process variables and conditions
• Adjust process variable and conditions using a GE PLC / Wonder ware system
• Monitor usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, lube oils, etc. to prevent excessive consumption at current processing and production rates
• Monitor and recognize dangerous and or emergency conditions within the process and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process / facility in order to protect personnel and equipment
• Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary to correct problems
• Monitor levels of lubricants, fluids, chemicals, etc. and refills as necessary to prevent damage to equipment
• Write work orders using MAXIMO for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations
• Read, calculate, and / or estimate process flow rates, volumes, and prepare operational logs and reports i.e. PPR
• Participates in preparation of operating procedures and training of peers in safe and efficient operating practices.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
• 3+ years' experience in maintenance of natural gas engines and compressors.
• 3+ years process knowledge of cryogenic plants operation.
• Good PC computer skills.
• Basic knowledge of PLC's.
• Process Safety Management knowledge.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.