Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Skills: Pipeline Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Crude Pipeline OperationsTechnician for their facilitylocated in Watford City, ND.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Take oil samples and perform routine grind outs to measure sediment and water content and determine quality.
- Perform tank gauging to measure tank contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks.
- Prepare custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and perform month-end closing.
- Hand gauging field tanks accurately and purchasing lease crude with field custody transfer tickets.
- Communicate with field pumpers assigned to third party production companies.
- Perform routine field LACT (Lease Automatic Custody Transfer) equipment checks.
- Responsible for daily one calls, pipeline crossings and right of way work.
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks, such as running pipeline scrapers
- Available for on call/duties
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of related work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call outs as need to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical degree in power plant maintenance or mechanics from completion of a 2-year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college OR a minimum of 2 years of professional experience related to pipeline maintenance, oil field and gas operations.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for valve and pump station maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired.
- Understanding of crude oil measurement, custody transfer, tank gauging and meter proving.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.